29 weeks pregnant and...

I had to do my glucose testing today. Drank the nasty crap, and 45 min later, I am dizzy, sweating (hot flashes), tired and feeling REALLY bitchy.

Is this normal? After they drew blood, I ate some peanuts and sat in front of the A/C for a while - now I feel better. I still have one heck of a headache though... What happened?

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That crap is awful in a bottle. IT happened to you..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I did my test yesterday morning (3 hour glucose) and almost faited with the sugar rush. I drank a lot of water when I got home and napped & felt better by the evening. You were probably also dehydrated from the fasting that's why you got a headache.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOL @ "IT happened" - god I know. it was so nasty and made me feel like crap. Now I have to go to work tonight and I really don't know if I'll be able to put up with the bullshit tonight. Just not in the mood...
    MunchiesMom324

Comment by MunchiesMom324 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Eww@ the 3hr Paulie! That's awful. I'm sorry. I hope you pass it.
    MunchiesMom324

Comment by MunchiesMom324 (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Me too!!!! I failed the one hour. I had a Dr.'s appt. for 7pm last week & they said "oh we'll do it now, it's a non-fasting test don't worry!" Well I ate all day prior to the test and had birthday cake too! So I failed! Any wonder! My last pregnancy I didn't do the one hour at all, just went right to a lab for the three hour and passed then so I am hoping this time. I asked the lady who drew my blood & she said that the one hour that I failed was done too late in the day and the more active you are during the day, the higher your glucose level will be too. I went in for this 3 hour at 8 am & got out about 11:30 am. I was starving and very light headed. Best wishes to you too! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i always feel bad after that crap lol
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 2:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• with my first pregnancy i felt fine after i had that nasty drink lol i have to do that test here in about 3 weeks and i am not looking forward to it
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That happened to me at my 3 hr and they told me it was my sugar level dropping so fast.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011