Update on all of my CPS postings

I posted a few CPS issues a while back about how CPS was saying that I was leaving bruises on my children and that they wanted to come into my home and look for a meth lab, sex offenders and weapons. Well, since I standed up for my rights, and informed the cps lady that she needed to have probable cause for a warrant, and that she had no proof that the bruises were coming from me, they had to close the case. We won because we stood up for our rights as Americans. And yes, we did figure out where the bruises came from, the bruises were indeed coming from their bunk bed ladder at the top since I witnessed them hurting themselves on it the other day.

JohnsonFamily5

Asked by JohnsonFamily5 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• good for you!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Glad to hear everything is great. Its sad when CPS sticks their noses where they don't belong but they don't bother with the cases where real child abuse is happening.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Jeez, good for you and your family momma! Now you can breathe a sigh of reilef hu?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• YEA!!!! Good for You!!!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Great job, Momma! I've been visited twice by CPS, and both times I told them they weren't talking to my kids without me or coming in my home without a warrant, and they closed out the open case on the first one and couldn't even open a case for the second because there wasn't enough info FOR a case! More people should stand up to these people, and there wouldn't be so many cases of CPS just taking kids or untold numbers of open cases for stupid reasons.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Good for you!!
    A lot of people don't realize that CPS has no legal right to enter your home without your permission. They have no legal right to search your belongings without your permission. Unless they have a court order and/or they are welcomed into the home they cannot come in.

It's good that you stood up for yourself.

What I find silly is that they said they wanted to look for a meth lab. Wasn't the case about the bruises? What does a meth lab have to do with it? .. I missed your other posts I think, so I don't know the whole story.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• JazzlikeMraz: it's a thing called guilty by association. My mother's cps case was meth related and my husbands ex-wifes case was about a 3rd degree sex offender and the weapons that they wanted to look for is because my husband is a felon.
    JohnsonFamily5

Comment by JohnsonFamily5 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• that is great
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 2:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• good for you!! they really need to spend their time findign the kids that are actually being abused!
    big_red05

Answer by big_red05 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011