Have you ever SUCCESSFULLY grown an Avocado plant from a seed?

So I've decided to see if I can do it, but I've never known anyone who's actually been successful with it.

If you have, any details on how you did would be great. And if you haven't, any general plant tips would help. I seem to have a black thumb, but I'd really like to change that! I love plants and whatnot.

sweetheart1985

Asked by sweetheart1985 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Home & Garden

• We are in the process of growing it now. I live in Indiana, so we obviously have it potted. I don't know what we're going to do when and IF it actually grows because it won't survive the elements here. Eh...oh well. Good luck though!! I hope you find the answers you're looking for!!
    evasmamma

Answer by evasmamma at 3:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We tried in my office. It sat there forever and finally got moldy so we tossed it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Unhelpful answer, but I tried 3 times and eventually got so frustrated I gave up!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I did it once, but it was a good 15 years ago, and I don't remember anymore what my method was. It was an absolutely gorgeous plant though. Very hearty, and it got really big.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Ew seriously a freaking avacado??? I've never even tried.
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you can I would like to know how also. They are not cheap to buy., But they are yummy.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008