How much crap are you really obligated to take from family members?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 1:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on who it is lol DH, LOs, IL, etc? It's different for each to me
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• ZERO
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Zero, I don't take any crap from family which is why avoid most of them. Both sides of thr family or nothing but drama.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Obligated? NONE ZILCH ZERO NADA..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sister...that is a total nut job!
    treynlisa

Comment by treynlisa (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If it's your senile grandmother who really doesn't KNOW that she's doling out crap, then take it ALL. It it's someone who is compos mentis and KNOWS they're pulling your chain, you take ZERO.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• NONE...lol. Seriously though, mine are criminals and drug dealers, so my situation is extreme and I've removed myself and my immedate family. BUT, what I have learned is my real family are my hub and kids and amaziing friends I surround myself with. My friends are who my children call Aunts and Uncles.

family in the van

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• none. If I don't want it I straight up say so. I have enough crap of my own. If they are mad at me because of it, that's their deal and I won;t sleep over it :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't take crap from anybody except my grandmother, who has earned the right to give people crap because she is 78 and raised 7 children, including me. lol Other people have to EARN the right to give me crap!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You're not obligated to take or give anything whether family member or not. They became your family against your will, but they only stay family by choice. I don't care if they're my family or not, if they do me a loved one wrong they're gone. If they are too much drama they're gone. You EARN the right to be my family, you aren't awarded it by being blood.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011