If my daughter has a temper of 101 what should i do before rushing off to the hospital?

hvnly81

Asked by hvnly81 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• How old is she?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• motrin.

bath.

nap.

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Uhm, no need to rush her to the hospital. My doctor doesnt' even recommend Tylenol until the temp reaches 101. Just give her some tylenol and lots of cuddles.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Let the fever run. Give her tylenol if it gets much higher or if she's uncomfortable. I don't see a need in going to the ER for a fever of 101 personally. (unless she is a newborn)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• how old is she? for my 3 year old they said not to even both until it gets over 104 - did you try tylenol?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• cool bath
    cool wash cloth to back of neck or on forehead.
    icy pops
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• (unless she is a newborn)
    Answer by Renee3K

Yep, that's why I asked how old she is.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree that unless shes a VERY small infant that that is not yet warranting a trip to the E.R. Try an OTC fever reducer that is age appropriate.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Fevers are not bad things. It means her body is fighting something which is a good thing. I wouldn't panic. Just make her comfortable and give it a day or two. If it spikes and stays high then consider the ER. You can call her doctor and see what his/her philosophy is for going to the ER

Answer by admckenzie at 2:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you're already going to the hospital, then nothing. They'll take care of her.
    If you're asking what you should do instead of going to the hospital then follow these steps..

1. Give her Children's Tylonal.
    2. Give her a warm bath.
    3. Dress her in warm PJ's and have her lay down. Warm Pj's being pants and a long sleeve shirt. Cover her in a blanket if she has the chills to help sweat out the fever. However, keep an eye on her temperture to make sure it doesn't rise.

If she's a newborn then rush her to the hospital, because that's too high for a newborn.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011