Grilled cheese sandwiches

How do you make yours normally?

Today I'm making run of the mill, no frills, ham & american grilled cheese sandwiches. Cheese on both sides.

If you add deli meat to yours, do you put cheese on either side of the meat or just one?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I just had one today! Herbed goat cheese, extra sharp cheddar,dijion mustard and a slice tomato. Then I spread the outside with I can't believe it's not butter that I put fresh minced garlic and parm. Sometimes I add slice turkey.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Hubby makes his with swiss cheese and mustard.
    Its actually pretty good
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I made the mistake of making "special" grilled cheese one night for supper. I boiled and shredded some chicken breasts and mixed in a little bit of butter (I like Blue Bonnet) and some cracked tri-pepper. Buttered the bread, laid a slice of cheese on each side and put a spoonful or two in the middle. OMG!! They were FANTASTIC and now that's what everyone wants when I talk about making grilled cheese. =|
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I like it cheese on both sides. Add some sliced tomato and a bit of granulated garlic.......YUMMMMMMY
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Spirited - I did something like that once too, but it was more of a quesadilla filling & shredded mexican blend cheese - those were almost orgasmic! Chicken in a grilled cheese is just something else!
    Anonymous

• I use butter or country crock on the bread and I put the deli meat in the middle with a piece of cheese on both side's.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• sounds like some really good suggestions.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I use Swiss cheese and turkey, I don't use butter I spray the pan with pam then put the cheese down on the bread first so its in the hot pan as long as possible to melt, then put the turkey, then put a lid to seal the heat in
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When I make Basic Grilled Cheese I just use one slice of American Cheese.
    When I make Grilled Ham and Cheese I use four pieces, folded in half and arranged just right, and one half of a slice of American cheese on top and bottom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When grilled, I like my meat layer & my cheese layer - cheese just on one side ;). I usually stick with plain-jane sandwiches, they're my favorite.
    Anonymous