Congested infant

I have a 3 month old baby and he is having a lot of nasal congestion. I am having him sleep in his carseat to keep him elevated and I also put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in our humifier. Can anyone give me some other natural/home remedies for congestion? Thanks!

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your doing all I could think of. Gice the Dr a call and see if there is anything else you can give for it. If it's really bad then the baby should be seen by the Dr.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• make sure ur using the suction thing to suction them out on regular basis
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 2:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• saline drops in the nose and suck it out before bed. Poor guy, I know it sucks we just went throught this for about a month for our 3mo DD
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• A couple of drops of saline in his nose to loosen it (don't spray it!), or if you're breastfeeding, a couple drops of breastmilk would work better.
    Anonymous

• A warm bath w/lots of steam...even if you just sit in the tub or bathroom w/him (if he isn't in the tub) the steam will help loosen up some of that.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011