• In the Spotlight:

If you have a DD...during X-mas Shopping, Does you DH or SO try to buy them Boy Toys?

LMBO...now I have no problem with my daughter playing with them...BUT my 2 (almost 3) year old is very very girly...BUT she like Thomas the Train and cars...as soon as I let him know that...HE RAN WITH IT!!! LMBO...we went X-mas shopping and all he wants to put in the basket was BOY TOYS...LMBO...I just laughed put them back and stuck some girl toys in. We couldn't find Thomas the Train set at the first store so he brought her a car racing set...even tho I told him the Thomas the Train set was at Wal-Mart....he was just soooo excited to get the car set that I just said whatever...lol...then he got her a thing of dinosaurs...LMBO...but its ok...I got her a cooking set...a baby doll nursery set, and this week I'm getting her a stroller that changes 3 ways. She LOVES that stuff...

But yea anyone else DH/SO do that with ur DD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My DD got a big yellow dump truck for her 4th birthday from DH. She plays with it more than the fairy dress up costume I got her =) DH will also buy boy clothes for them.... cammo pants, etc... I just girl them up a little with a pink shirt and let it go. I don't mind him making my girls tomboys. It might just save me a lot of money when the teen years hit! LOL
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That's so funny!! I wonder if he's sending YOU a message (he wants a son??). My daughter is now 26, but when she was little, all the relatives would buy her all the girly things. Dolls, dresses, etc. She played ice hockey (the only girl on the team), loved to dig in the dirt, etc...."boy stuff".
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• LMBO....yea, I think he is secretly teling me he wants a boy...lol...but yea my daughter likes to wrestle...thanks to my DH...play football and basketball...thanks to her dad...but she also...LOVE clothes...like her mom....loves shoes...like her mom...loves purses...like her mom....loves to cook...dont know where she got that from....and loves to sing and dance and play with dolls...its just cool how she seemsl ike a well rounded child...you can definitely see the girlyness in her but she surprises alot of people how rough she can be....love it! lol...
    Anonymous

• i do that with my kids now. well mostly my daughter she loves stuff like train sets soccer balls sport stuff ect. my 2 yr old son loves dolls and stuffed toys so i think i'll get him a doll to play with. he also like cars and toys. but he has a baby brother and wants to be like his parents so why not let them play with what they want. I don't see it as a big deal, there just kids. now if they were 12yrs old and doing that no i wouldn't.
    manda4

Answer by manda4 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think DH's do that because they know how to "play" with those toys, they aren't usually going to sit down and have a tea party with frilly dolls. I think it's cute and there are tons of toys that to me aren't "either way" like sports equipment, trains, cars, blocks, etc.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I wish my husband cared about my daughter's christmas. He is too concerned with what HE is getting for christmas to even think about me and our daughter.
    renajennjenn

Answer by renajennjenn at 5:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008