Can someone please explain this please...

Ok so I have a fairly new bed over at my mom's house that we are supposed to be moving into the guest bedroom at my house. My DH was supposed to go and get it today with his brother. Well, DH gets on the phone with his brother and while on the phone with him asks me, "Is it ok to go and get the bed now even if you don't come with us?" I say, "Yeah, that's fine." Then he says, "Your mom isn't going to have a problem with us going to get it without you is she?" And I say, "No, why would she have a problem? It's completely fine to go and get it. She knows you're coming." Then he starts getting upset and asking, "Why won't you just give me an answer?!" I'm looking at him like he's crazy and say, "I told you, yes! It's fine to go and get it now!" He walks off and I hear him say to his brother, "I don't know what the deal is, but I guess we're not gonna go get it." Then he hangs up and gets all pissed off and goes to change into his 'golf attire'. I just ignore him and he leaves. It was his idea to even go get the bed in the first place and I just don't understand what the hell happened... I actually think its kind of funny because I think he was just trying to start an argument to get out of doing it and go play golf.

nikkimcnemar

Asked by nikkimcnemar at 1:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• LOL!! I'm not sure what was going on in his head either...sorry.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with you and I think he wanted his brother to think you were telling him not to go get the bed.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• are we married to the same man?
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sounds like he was trying to make it sound like your the reason he canceled getting the bed today with his brother so he could go play golf. I'd leave a note on the fridge for him written in really big letters..."NEXT TIME ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING IT TODAY AND YOU WANT TO PLAY GOLF."
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sounds like he was looking for a simple yes or no. I get irked when I ask someone a yes or no question and get a sentence instead. Men are just daft at times. If he was going golfing perhaps he just wanted to get to the course?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I guess he was having a woman moment? lol
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sounds to me like he didnt wanna do it and just wanted to play golf. but thats me
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Grab your purse, grab HIM by the ear (HARD, like granmda used to do.. ) and tell him you are heading to the doctor's office RIGHT NOW because he is obviously mentally impaired and you need to see if he has a brain injury. Or any brain left.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I do not think he is fooling anyone but himself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOL oh wow!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011