Do you have cable tv? Thinkin about cutting off for the summer...

It is hard to give up but thinking about cutting it off to try to help us be more active. Thinking about just using netflix (mail only because our internet won't support the instant watching).
Just wondering who does or doesn't have cable and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No! Cable is my sanity!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• we haven't had cable in years! I honestly don't miss it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have satellite... We still spend most of our time outside during the summer though. My kids get bored of tv.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We do not have cable. We got rid of it 2 years ago and just have netflix and local channels. It is just fine for us. Super cheap and there is still plenty to watch when we want to.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We have Directv and there is no way we could get rid of it. It's my MIL's only real window to the world. She disabled and bed-bound.

I get bored with watching so I go do something else.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We have never had cable. We have netflix and did upgrade our internet to support streaming on our computer. We also stream on the Wii. It's fine for the little we watch tv. However it is a little hard to detox my kids from cable after road trips. My 6 yr old is addicted to cooking shows, and especially things like Ace of Cakes and Cupcake Wars.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have not had cable since 2009. Anything I want to watch I can watch via Netflix, Redbox, or on the computer. I don't miss it at all.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We are thinking about turning off our cable..... Netflix is MUCH cheaper and we watch it more than the cable t.v. We stream on the wii.
    Spunkeynoodle

Answer by Spunkeynoodle at 2:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We have Netflix, so cable will probably go soon
    willngingersmom

Answer by willngingersmom at 2:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I haven't had cable for 7 years. Just got an antenna 6 weeks ago. My kids have never cared. We do have netflix and vids, but those are privileges, not rights in our house. I hate the idea of my kids sitting around staring at a screen. They have imaginations and can use them to entertain themselves!!
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 2:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011