3 year old son and eating

I'm trying to get my 3 year old son to eat more of a variety. He likes a variety of fruits, but of course he doesn't like too many vegetables. He likes carrot juice, peas, sweet potatoes, potatoes, and sometimes green beans. I also give him this Boldhouse Farms green juice, which has a lot of fruits and vegetables in it. How do I get him to eat more vegetables?

britthoch2010

Asked by britthoch2010 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try a restaurant w/ an enormous salad buffet. 3 year olds love to be interactive and in charge and if he puts it on his own plate he'll certainly at least TRY it.

we had no clue my son loves sprouts til we hit a salad bar. I'd NEVER have bought sprouts other wise.... NEVER. lol. Now I do and they go in his sandwiches and side salads
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• While at the grocery store, I give my almost 4-year-old a choice between several vegetables that she hasn't tried (or says she dont like)and I let her pick which we will incorporate into our meals that week. She also is put in charge of washing said vegetables and helping to cook them.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I should've also mentioned that she gets 2 "free passes" per week. That means as long as she has tried at least 3 bites of something and still doesn't like it -- she can skip it (but only 2 times in one week). She loves being put in charge of what she is going to it -- and in the meantime, she gets plenty of veggies!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think that's a pretty good amount for some 3 yr olds, but I like the suggestion of having him buy them or pick them from a buffet.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 5:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011