He is worried I'll screw him over? adult content

Soon to be EX dh and I are divorcing. (duh)

He is currently out of the country and asking that the courts wait for the hearing until he returns. His reasoning, he is afraid I'll screw him over.

WTF? We have no personal property together, have been separated for almost a year and a half living in different houses. We don't own a house together, his car isn't paid off, I'm not asking for alimony (sp?) or some crazy amount of child support for our two girls (less than $800 a month).

He had uncontested paperwork for a year before I went ahead and hired my lawyer to get this done.

There is no way I can screw him over... or am I wrong? Am I not seeing something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, he could want you to pick up some of those unpaid bills and he does not want to tell you that ahead of time. He can only to get you to pay those bills if they were acquired during the marriage
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• He has good reason to believe this. Many people are screwed over in divorce. I think he should have the opportunity to be there for his own divorce.
    Anonymous

• Do you have anything he can get from you? Maybe he wants you to pay for half of the car payment?
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If it were me I'd ask for continuation also :) Would you be okay with it if it were you out of the country?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Also, if INS has anything to do with the divorce, he does have a reason to want to be there. you can screw him that way
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would want a divorce hearing postponed until I could attend as well. Regardless of what my soon to be ex would say, regardless of what paperwork we had worked out before hand, there are no guarantees (unless you have a pre nup or post nup, and even then snags can arise) once the hearing begins. A judge can decide something different than the 2 parties in question have already worked out, people can and do change their minds, etc..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Not saying that you would or wouldnt.... but like yesmaam said, would you be cool with it?
    So, he does not have a lawyer at this time?
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 2:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It has been going on for some time. Why the rush now?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think this is just a way for him to hold off the divorce
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have nothing! All I have is the kids and the cats lol if he wants one of the cats cool by me but he had better move back to the usa full time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011