Has anyone gotten married in Las Vegas?

How did that work for you? Do you have to bring witnesses? Was it fun? My fiance and I have decided to get eloped (we've been saving for our wedding for over a year and we're no closer to having enough for the ceremony of our dreams as when we started... life keeps getting in the way lol). We thought Vegas would be a kitchy place to at least have fun even if we didn't get our ceremony... but I was wondering about the logistics behind getting hitched in Vegas!

prinzesstephi

Asked by prinzesstephi at 2:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I got married in Vegas and it was fun. We have the "godfather" wed us. And no, you do not need any witness. The people who work in the chapel will sign the witness part for you. But I got divorced. I think Vegas has a curse for marriages LOL! Well, best of luck!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• ME! we opted for romantic instead of cheesy and spent what WOULD'VE been wedding budget on Italian marble hotel suites, world class dining instead of gross buffets, etc. A witness was provided to us. Our chapel was the same one Britney Spears went to like a month later (LOLZ) but we only used their staff and limo, technically married on top of the Stratophere
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• How much did it cost?
    prinzesstephi

Comment by prinzesstephi (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I haven't, but now I live in Las Vegas and I really wish we'd come here instead of being talked into having a wedding. There is a company here that does these amazing weddings up on a plateau in the mountains, overlooking the city lights and the mountains at sunset. You can take 4 people up in a land cruiser. I would have LOVED to do that!!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i paid plane tickets, hotel stay and then the chapel price. Look online and browse chapel prices. Then the dress, I dont know if you have one or plan on buying. I rented my dress in Vegas so it was chaper
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 2:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• This is what my Fiance and I are looking into as well! We were thinking of having our immediate families join us for a little get away. But I do not want it to end up being a financial burden on both families. So we are searching for the best but budget friendly way. I will let you know if I come up with anything! GL!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• In 03/ may 14th - i got married at the mandalay bay --- it was really nice - honestly it was so easy if you want to book at one of the resort chappels - they mail you a bunch of worksheets - you choose the package you want - at that time they were 500, 1000, 1500 - they all included flowers and live music - you chose what songs/ flowers/ style/ colors/etc and photography - which was actually very quality... i would highly recommend something like that because when you go --- everything is set... nothing to worry about - and they took you in a limo when you had to go to city hall to get your marriage licence the day Before you get married - you do have to do that still... have fun - research online!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011