Pain from getting tattooed

How would you describe it? and did ya need them to stop for breaks?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Felt to me like I was being slashed again and again with razor blades. I didn't need any breaks for my first one, but the second one I almost passed out on. Tried to talk the guy into doing it as I lie there unconscious, but he wouldn't. Did get a Snickers bar from him though! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I didn't have any pain from my tattoos.. they didn't stop all all..
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 2:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My first one I didnt need to stop. The second one is really big so yeah we stopped because I had to use the bathroom lol. The pain is like raking a finger nail up and down your skin and barely breaking it. Or like a kitten with a really rough tongue licking you over and over. It hurts, but not enough for me to cry about or anything. My husband on the other hand cried.

Answer by gemgem at 2:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The one on my hand felt like I had a very mild sunburn that had been scratched (not like a cat scratch, but like it had been scratched because it itched or something). I didn't even feel the one on the back of my neck much, but what I did feel tickled so bad I had to have someone hold me to keep from laughing and shaking. I didn't take any breaks, I went straight from my nose piercing to my hand tat to my neck tat the same night. Neither of those are very large those (hand is about the size of a quarter and a nickel, neck is about the size of a nickel, maybe a quarter).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Annoying. And I didn't need them to stop.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Just kind of annoying...depending on where on your body you get it....if it's a fatty part it's just annoying...if it's a bony part...it's going to hurt a bit more but unless it's a HUGE tattoo you shouldnt need any breaks....it's not that bad
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's a little annoying at first, but then it kinda feels good, lol. I didn't need them to stop.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• None of mine hurt and I have four. The guy had to stop with two of mine and take a break because of the detail work involved.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sunburn...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• to me it did not hurt just the aftermath, when you have to lye on the spot where the tattoo is or when some one touches it. other than that i don't think that there is nothing you can take to heel the pain.
    Chunky_Dynamic

Answer by Chunky_Dynamic at 4:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011