For those that have girls in ballet and do recitals

who do you have do their hair and makeup? Also do you have to pay for tickets as a parent? Shouldn't it be free for the parent I mean they do pay so much a month and the costume. What about kids at like 2.5 and 3 do they have to have tickets too? One other question what if my aunt and uncle go they have a son in a wheel chair he is 9 years. Do you think he will have to buy a ticket? I am going to ask, but I was just curious I wont be there at her class on Thursday I have a dr app. so I have to wait until next week to ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did my daughter's hair and makeup. Parents have to pay. 90% of the audience is going to be parents. Ask about the little kids, I'm sure the wheelchair child has to pay too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would just call the studio and ask them by phone. Each place is different in how they run things. Tickets for one of my friend's kid's recital was $2 a piece, for my other friend's daughter's recital it was $5 a piece. Just call the instructor or owner and ask :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• DD has been in tumbling/dance/cheer classes since she was 17 months old old with yearly recitals. The recital next month will be DD's 4th. The way they do it is every person (parent, child, handicapped, etc.) has to pay for a ticket unless they volunteer to help the girls change their clothes in the area where they all stay during the show and then get them all up at the stage when they need to be. I have always done DD's hair and make-up, although I'm considering having her hair done at a salon this year because there's something I want to take her to beforehand and I more than likely won't have time to do her hair myself to how the instructor wants.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my daughter was in ballet i did her hair myself and provided the makeup she's only 7 i was glad they didn't cake it on her. unfortunately i had to pay for my ticket and the program
    msdouglas421

Answer by msdouglas421 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yep at the studio my daughter went to it cost $10 per person excluding babies under 2 (which were recommended not to bring). I am not sure about hair and makeup because she quit before the actual recital.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011