Does this annoy anyone else?

It drives me crazy when people say things like, "You're too old for that!" or "I can't have something like that because I'm too old/I'm a mom," over things like hair color, nail color/design, purses, clothing colors/styles, hair cuts, piercings, tattoos, etc.

IMO, if you WANT something, and it isn't going to do harm to others (like if you want a fancy new car, but it will cause you to go broke and your family will starve, stay away from it lol), go for it. Jeez, why do people think they're too old for things? IMO, you're only as old as you feel and screw what other people say/what society has deemed "appropriate/inappropriate."

I understand not being able to have certain things because of your job, but using age as an excuse irritates me. (We really need a miscellaneous category lol.)

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I hate that... You're never too old to do anything. I am tattooed, hair dyed, nose pierced mom to 3. Most look at me and would not know I am 43 soon.

Answer by DiBrittain at 6:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't see it this way. Sometimes when a person is too old for something, it DOES affect the people around them. Having a mom who's 40 dress and act like she's 20 around her teen daughter's friends is embarrassing, for example. It's what society has deemed as normal that dictate what we do. Not always right, but I feel its necessary.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I know what you mean, I agree with you, I am totally with you on this one!

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am one of those people too. IMO, a mom no matter what age, shouldn't be wearing shorts that are like a second pair of underwear, or shirts that show so much cleavage,they are barely covering her. I'd be embarrassed if my mom was like that. I think there is a time for having fun and a time for being mature.

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No because I AM one of those people. there is a time in ones life when everyone MUST grow up. I can't get trashed every night and be hungover everyday because I am a MOM and someone else depends on me. Life can't just be a big party anymore.

• If people want to look dumb, they should be allowed.

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 2:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It doesn't annoy me, it just makes me feel sorry for them.

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• that does seem to happen a lot and it does annoy me

Answer by febmom007 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I love your question. My DH and DS laugh(lovingly) at me because I am 48 years old and have no problems wearing funky purple nail polish! I do what I like, if someone thinks I am too old........that's their brain waves a wastin! Not mine...LOL

Answer by Dahis at 2:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i agree just because i am a mom doesnt mean i have to roll over and die lol

Answer by vgaines at 2:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011