Do you hate cleaning up poop?

I do. I'm potty training and I walked into my sons room to find both rugs had poop smears and chunks, poop on his comforter, baby blanket and pillow, on the hardwood and he drove his Thomas train flashlight over it so it was smeared across his floor and on a few toys. There was even a chunk on the door frame at my head height Which I found when I stuck my finger in it. Of course he had some down his leg, in between his toes and on his hands. In 29 minutes he did this, I found him I cleaned up his room, I gave him a bath and did a load of laundry with a ton of spot spray. Thomas is going to have to wait a few minutes because I need to vent for a moment.

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 2:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my daughter played in her POOP she was about 10 months old. She hadn't woken up yet in the morning (so I thought) and I left her to sleep in a little longer. After awhile, I decided to check on her to be sure she was ok, since she never slept in, and she was having a poopy party in her crib. Good greif anon....you sure sound holier-than-thou right now. I bet your kids are PEEEERFECT!!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 3:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ew, that's gross! :)
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Been there before, lol. And I hated every minute of it! My daughter had poop around her MOUTH...I thought I was going to throw up!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My SS did something similar to that, except in was in the bathroom and he was wiping his butt on my rugs instead of toilet paper.. I feel you though.. It's always disgusting and it makes you want to scream at the top of your lungs..
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm sick of poop, but not because of my son. No, I'm sick of it from working at Toys R Us. In the year I worked there, I cleaned up poop not once, not twice, but THREE times. Twice off the floor, as if it had been stuck to someone's shoe, and once in the bathroom. It was my job the clean the bathroom that night... I went in, looked in all the stalls, and the last one... looked as though someone had pooped in the toilet and then stuck their hands and feet in it and rubbed said hands and feet all over the place. I couldn't clean it. I had to get help from a friend (who's now my best friend/roommate, actually) and eventually from a third person. It was disgusting.
    As for your child... I think going back to diapers or Pull Ups needs to be what you do.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Anon, first read the post, he was not alone for 29 min. In fact most of the time I was right there with him cleaning his room and his things. He was in his room for his nap. I do not have blinds in his room because it is not safe. Actually we use curtains in all of our rooms for the same reason. I do not allow him to have any toys that contain pieces small enough to choke on. If a toy comes with them I put them in a bag in the attic. He can not get outside, he would have to open his door, get past a baby gate, go down the stairs, go through another door and through our front door and the screen door, not to mention going past me first. And when he is in his room I am listening to a baby monitor. He did the damage in a matter of about three minutes while I was talking to his father and he was supposed to be going to bed. The first thing he said to me was mama it's stinky. So stop being judgmental.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Adens mom, he was wearing a diaper with underwear over top and a snapped onsie.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Wow I guess you don't understand how a coma works. It is used to list things that go together. Try and read it again knowing how a coma works. Everything in that sentence, broken by the comas was accomplished within the stated time period.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yuck. Thank goodness I've never had a poop mess that bad(yet!).
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• He's never made a poop mess before. It was a shock to behold lol.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011