Dates and No Money

With money being tight, how do couples have a "date night" without spending?
What do you do to make "special nights" more special?

MrsDAP

Asked by MrsDAP at 2:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• sit outside your house, make hot coco, or a glass of wine get a blanket and contemplate the starts at night! ;)
    ms.grumppy

Answer by ms.grumppy at 3:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When we were younger and broke the majority of the time.. A great date night was things like: having a quiet dinner together and watching a movie after the kiddo went to bed.......having a candle light picnic in the living room after the kiddo went to bed.... those types of things.. I set up lots of "moods" and fun for my husband and I to share after our son went to bed for the night.. Everything from dressing up and having a little luau for just the two of us to lighting candles dressing up for dinner & dancing...

Money, special foods, etc.. Aren't really needed to pull off a great date night. I believe that "date nights" and their purpose is far more about the interaction between the 2 people, than it is place/time etc. A date is in many ways more of a state of mind to me. A date can happen anywhere doing anything, as long as those 2 people think and treat it like a date..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Have someone watch the kids and cook your man a nice dinner and watch a movie together
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Date night is just spending time together. You do not need to spend money to spend time together,

Answer by louise2 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• you send kids to their grandparents, make a nice meal for yourselves, watch a movie, maybe do the deed and take a nice bath or shower together. or even just watching tv shows together after the kids are in bed.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• make special nights at home or go to mcdonalds instead of a nice resturaunt. Seriously thats what we do.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Picnics now that it is getting warmer bubble baths (if your tub is big enough) movies at home which I perfer anyway.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When hubs and I were dating we had quite a few 'cheap' dates-- like renting a movie popping popcorn and watching it at my house, we would go to the Zoo (ours is a free zoo) or to a park, sometimes we would go on a picnic, once in a while we would go out for ice cream, sometimes we went mall walking and people watching, and quite often we just went out for a drive.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• we have that problem sometimes and we make it work without spending money....it usaully involves dinner and movie or a game that we both like....
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No money dating can be the most memorable dates that a couple can experience. For example just setting out on the front porch watching traffic go by or counting the stars. Garden hose water spraying  is great too. Walking is fun when your with someone you like to share a quit moment with.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011