What should i do

Trying to figure out should i tke my son to the hospital when i get off. The babysitter said he is not his self today at all. He's coughing, fussy, runny runny nose, a little temp, not wanting any milk, usually he eats his whole jar of baby food but he only takes about 10 mouth fulls, and when u give him his juice he doesnt really want it. i'm just really concered because he had an ear infection 2 weeks ago and then at his 9 month check up last monday (11th) the puss from the ear infection was gone but he said it was still draining which can take about 6 weeks 4 it 2 completely. he also had me make an apt 4 6 weeks 2 check his ear again but did say if he starts not actn his self to bring him back or the hospital. my sons dad is pissing me off because he keep saying he will be fine just give him some medicine. but my motherly instint is kicking in and telling me i need 2 take my baby 2 see someone. i'm at work now really upset and crying because i hate seeing my baby down cause usually he so busy and all over the place lol. I get off at 6 which is in 3 hrs and im going straight to get him and going to the hospital.

Sorry if this is a lot but i just had to vent. I work with children so theres really know one i can talk 2 right now...and these kids are really makin me miss my lil pumpkin :)

Ninisopretty120

Asked by Ninisopretty120 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you're worried, take him. it's not like it will hurt.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Go home and take care of your baby, you aren't getting anything productive at work anyway.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you feel that it's necessary, take him. Is there an urgent care facility near you? You can go there instead of the ER. But it's really your call momma.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• maybe call his peditrician first to see if you should take him to the doctor. also never give a child milk when they have so much congestion or a fever.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i'm the on;ly person here. the other girl left to go get her daughter but never came back. so im stuck until these 15 kids parents come get them
    Ninisopretty120

Comment by Ninisopretty120 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I guess if your Mommy instincts say to take him, nothing we say will change your mind.

A little temp? What is it?? Why don't you call your pedi office and see what they think?
    Also, maybe taking him to urgent care of after hours care. It might be cheaper and less of a wait.

Keep us posted.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• the urgent care would send me 2 chkd( childrens hospital)
    Ninisopretty120

Comment by Ninisopretty120 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have a 4month old, and yes you should take him even if the doctor tells you that the medicine is working and will take it's course, you will feel better hearing it from a doctor, not saying the father is not right, you just want to make sure.
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• his pedi nusre just called back and send take him to chkd hospital
    Ninisopretty120

Comment by Ninisopretty120 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I wl stay home n tk care of my baby...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011