Greek Yogurt

Im contemplating giving my son greek yogurt. He is 6 months, since its a little tart I was gonna mix it with prunes. I was reading online and I there was a mix review of giving him yogurt. Does anyone object to this idea and what is the validity to the objection. Thanks in advance!

KiraStadnik

Asked by KiraStadnik at 3:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• never heard of that giving baby yogurt. omg they were giving out samples and recieved one with peach, that is the nastiest yogurt i've tasted.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• There is yogurt for babies, YoBaby. I gave it to my son and he loved it. I'm not sure about Greek yogurt.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 6 months seems young to me. I didn't do any yogurt before 1 year.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• lucky35, I love yogurt and I agree, Greek yogurt IS nasty.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipYogurt.htm

The above is a website about feeding cheese and yogart before 12 months. I would also like to note that you should make sure your LO has went through all his fruits and veggies to make sure he's not allergic to anything. Aslo, watch him after you feed him the yogart because it could make his tummy upset or he could be allregic. My DS is dairy sensative and had trouble with everything dairy until recently He is just now 23 months and has 2 glasses of milk and MAYBE a dairy snack durring the day.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• well lol, you dont eat greek yogurt plain. you mix a little with rice, or honey. you use it as a dip for chips and things like that. thats why Im going to mix it with prunes. but i was mainly wondering about the digestive part. i have read it is no problem and then i have read it is a problem.
    KiraStadnik

Comment by KiraStadnik (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Before 1 yr I always gave my kids Yobaby. Just for the record...I love greek yogurt.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have given all my kids yogurt before a year, but never greek yogurt. I didn't do YoBaby because it has added sugar - I did the all natural plain full fat yogurt. No problems and since they never had it sugared, they will still eat it without added sugar but I do usually mix in some fresh fruit for flavor!

Answer by missanc at 3:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You'd be better off waiting til he's older for ANY yogurt, 6 months is pretty young for dairy products.
    Anonymous

• I eat Greek yogurt plain. I love it! But I wouldn't give your baby yogurt that young.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011