When to have a second baby? Getting pregnant while breastfeeding..

My son is 17 mos old and still nurses quite frequently through out the day and a few times at night. I would like to nurse him until he is ready to stop. My family and I will be moving to the Netherlands in just a few months. I have major baby fever and my husband is pretty open to having another baby. How will pregnancy effect breast feeding my son?

What does everyone think about having a second child.. Is it better to have children close in age or wait a few years spend that time with your first and then that child is a little bit more independent.. Thanks for your help ladies!

MrsRudd

Asked by MrsRudd at 3:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It can effect your milk but you should still be able to breastfeed. Sometimes it changes the milk a bit but he sounds like he would be fine. I have little ones that are 17, 19 and 3 years a part. I love them close in age. Other Mom's a bigger space is a better choice. It really depends on the family. I did not choose to breastfeed in tandem but did breastfeed while being pregnant without any issues. I chose to wean a couple months before our next arrive.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011