Are there any children's stories that make you cry?

I can't even THINK about the Velveteen Rabbit without the waterworks flowing. Same with Hans Christian Andersen's story "The Little Matchgirl."

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• CHARLOTTES WEB DID...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Love you forever... I bawled reading it in the library
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I was going to say Velveteen Rabbit. I used to read it and cry all the time.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes, I was going to say the velveteen rabbit!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Love You Forever. I bought that for my son when he was born, and over the years I think I've probably only read it to the kids about five times, because I can't read it without my voice cracking by the end. The Velveteen Rabbit makes me tear up too (and totally freaked out my son, who had scarlet fever a couple years ago and panicked that we were going to burn all his belongings! I had to reassure him that we don't do that anymore!) I also used to get teary about The Giving Tree, though as I've gotten older I've more just wanted to kick that ungrateful kid in the nads instead!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011