Ok ladies what's the deal with...

coffee when prego?? I am drinking a carmel machioto (lol have no idea how to spell that) is that ok???? A co-worker (no kids never been prego) said it's bad???!!! Help!

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 3:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're not supposed to have truckloads of caffeine, but some here and there is perfectly fine. Don't you love it when people with no children give out advice?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I just recently attended a pregnancy class with a friend, who is on her second child, and that exact issues was brought up. They told us that the limit for a pregnant woman is 12 ounces of caffeine a day ( so 12 ounces of pop, coffee, etc. a day). I think I may have drank just a little more than that a few times (maybe 24 or 32 ounces once in a while), and it didn't seem to have any adverse affects. My advice is talk to your doctor, and do what you and your doctor think is the best path for YOU. Unfortunately when a woman is pregnant, its like you are suddenly wearing a sign that says "now taking complete strangers advice and criticism". The reality is that everyone has their opinions on what you should do, but no one knows your body and pregnancy better than you. So try to take those comments in stride, and if someone says something negative just tell them your doc is fine with it or even ignore them, hope this helps
    naomigirl1984

Answer by naomigirl1984 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Some caffeine -- up to 3 cups of coffee or the equivalen per day -- is fine. Some women prefer to limit themselves even more, some prefer to give it up altogether. But doctors are generally agreed that one drink is not going to hurt anything. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• it is not good to drink allot of coffee but some isnt going to hert
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Limit, yes. You do not have to cut out. In fact I didn't change a thing w/my diet and I have two healthy babies and I'm healthy.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Your supposed to limit/not drink anything with caffeine in it.
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I HAVE to drink a coffee, a can of coke or a large tea a day... otherwise, I get massive headaches. You should try to limit caffine, but one drink a day isnt going to hurt anything!!!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 4:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My doctor said it is fine to have 1 cup of coffee a day. If you can do without, it's probably better to. But it really shouldn't be a problem unless you are drinking coffee all day long. Just think about all the people that are pregnant and don't even know until they are in labor lol they never changed their habits and still deliver healthy babies...
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I tried to stay away from it while pregnant. I only drank milk, water and juice. But it's up to you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I do think it's funny when ladies with no kids try to tell you what to do lol. But then i started wondering my Dr. said 1-2 cups a day is fine but wan't sure if that was jsut my Dr or what you know. Thank you!!!
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011