Kids can't sleep alone?

Ok I have 3 boys the oldest is almost 3 and the twins are 20 months and they all three fall asleep in their own beds but during the night when they wake up they either come into my bedroom and my husband is on the side by the door so he just picks them up and lets them sleep with us or they crawl into bed with each other. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and they will all three be on the floor or in one of the beds snuggling together. It used to only happen every so often but its been happening every night for like the past month or so. I was just wondering if anyone elses kids do this or if I should try to stop it or do i have anything to worry about???

AshleyL1013

Asked by AshleyL1013 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am guessing your 20 month olds are out of a crib.

Why not let them all camp out in one of the bedrooms, besides yours. See if that works.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• it sounds adorable..... BUT if you don't break it now then you'll be stuck like that. I hate how fast they grow up.... in a few years you'll wish they were in bed with ya, lolz

just be as consistent as possible..... everyone is lucky and has their own bed. PERIOD. Maybe implement snuggle time all together for a book before bed..... or like my house sunday morning everyone is in the big bed hanging out together
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes they are in toddler beds and their beds are all in the same room
    AshleyL1013

Comment by AshleyL1013 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Everyone needs their own space. They have their own room. If they want to camp out in each other's bed, let them but if they want to camp out in yours, gently but firmly take them back to their own.

It gets hard to get them out once you've let them in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would get one of those gates and put it across their doorway. That way they will have to stay in their own room, at least. I would not want them wandering throughout the house while the adults were asleep. So, I would consider it a safety issue.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes mine do and only you can decide if your should try and change it. Does it distrupt you or don't you mind? I personally say if they are more comfortable being together then let them...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You don't really have nothing to worry about but you and your husband need to get the kids back in their own room. Don't you feel like you need your privacy? May be you and your husband need to set some boundaries. May be till the kids how lucky they are that they have a room of their own and how safe it is. This room is a special room because they have their toys and clothes in there.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If the kids are all sharing a room, then it would seem silly to worry about getting out of bed at night to separate them. I don't see any point in it. I would try to keep them out of my bed if I could manage though.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think it is normal for them to want to be close to someone overnight. We gave up trying to get my girls (5 and 2) to sleep by themselves and just bought them a set of bunk beds with a full on bottom and twin on top...that way they at least have room when they crawl in bed together overnight. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it...but if you do, maybe set an alarm overnight to go put everyone back where they belong. I promise they wont go to college like that though, and it wont be long before they grow out of it on their own.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thank you all very much for the advice!
    AshleyL1013

Comment by AshleyL1013 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011