Evening primrose oil adult content

i know there will be some bashing don't really care cause i am just asking... does it work and if so how would i go about using it? I have some its 1300 mg softgels and im almost 38 weeks and yes im dilated and effaced as well as dr said he can feel her head and don't think i will make it 2 more weeks. i heard to take 2 softgels and insert one vaginally at bedtime is the correct? like i said i don't care for the bashing cause cafemom has bashers on everything im just wanting opinions about the evening primrose oil.

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 3:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It won't start labor - only soften your cervix. It isn't recommended without the knowledge of your physician/midwife.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• twinsplus2more is right. Is more useful in preparing your cervix for labor (and help the natural labor process when it does start) than it is to "induce labor". ~ if your body isn't ready for labor then there's no guarantee that primrose oil will work. Primrose Oil gave me such bad acid reflux and diarrhea after about 4 days (on the lightest dose) that I thought I'd either puke or poop that baby out before I actually got to the phase of inserting it vaginally ~ and my midwife had me stop taking it. (We still used it vaginally in the last week to help prepare the cervix and pernium to reduce the need for an episiotomy) You REALLY do have to proceed cautiously with something like this; PLEASE consult with your doctor before you use it.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011