Now that is a saying if i ever heard one.

The national weather service has a flash flood warning for our area and the warning just came across the TV. So the guy is talking and I am listening, concerned of course because my MIL and SIL live very close to a river that floods all the time. When I hear him say don't drive through high water and then....

Turn around don't don't drown.

ha ha ha sorry I'm probably NOT suppose to laugh but it sure got me going when i was starting to get really concerned.

Thank you weather alert announcer.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LOL. I hope people listen to him!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOL, sorry I find that funny too.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That's like what the news guy said about a bomb threat here a a high school he said "there was nothing harmless in the bag" he was referring to a book bag that was a "bomb". They really need to stop having live reports. Our news stations screw up all the time.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Here in TX, that message is heard quite frequently. I find it comical, as well. I know...shame on me. {{{hanging head in shame}}}. But, no matter how often it repeats during flood watches/warnings, the news always has several reports on people who were determined to cross high water and got swept away. It just baffles me, really.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOL! "Turn around, don't drown"...they say that about flooding here, too. They have something equally cheesy about digging around power and gas lines, too, but I can't remember it. right now.

I loved hearing my 14 year old cousin bust out with the "no no square" or whatever song it is they use to teach about "red flag" areas now. None of us had ever heard it, but when a dog tried to sniff my cousin in her "no no square", everyone under age 15 started singing to the dog and I thought I was going to pee my pants.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011