Quick exercise ideas?

I need quick ideas for 5-10 minutes of strengthening and cardio exercises that I can fit in here and there thru-out the day at home. Any great ideas?

babyjakesmama

Asked by babyjakesmama at 2:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Turn the radio on, or pop your favorite CD in, and dance away as long as you like. You can make up steps, swing your arms, just keep it vigorous. If you want more moves watch an exercise program on TV for ideas. Before you start any exercise program you should check with your doctor that it is safe for you.
    For strengthening, again watch the exercise programs on TV for moves, and you can make your own weights by using cans of vegetables, or plastic bottles of water or sand, or a knee sock with cans or sand in it.

Answer by Bmat at 2:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Turbo Jam - 5 Rockin' Workouts

After my baby girl I was stuck at 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. No matter what I did I was stuck, and having a baby girl didn't afford me the time to do much more than 10 or 20 min a day. My best friend (in a similar situation after her first baby) got this for me as a birthday present. I noticed a difference in my weight and my whole confidence in about a week.

http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Jam-Beachbody-Rockin-Workouts/dp/B000EZHWVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228246935&sr=8-1
    CafeMomBinky

Answer by CafeMomBinky at 2:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When folding laundry or other tasks, do some squats and lunges. Carry weights around the house with you, jump rope for 5 minutes (talk about cardio!). Get some resistance bands, knot, hook through a door, and voila you have a weight set for your arms.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I agree with Turbo Jam being a great workout. A few things I do when I have 5 or 10 minutes is jumping jacks, lunges, and stairs. I will purposely take an extra trip upstairs or only take a few bags out of the car at a time after grocery shopping just to get those few extra steps in. Another thing I do is make everything a workout. For example, since we just got a few inches of snow, I told my husband that I would shovel the driveway because it's such a great workout!
    CjsMama914

Answer by CjsMama914 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2008