I need advise please fellow Mommas.

I am 30 weeks pregnant and I am extremely unhappy with my doctors office. I went there because I wanted to go to Albany med because that was the only hospital I ever went to before and I thought I would have felt akward anywhere else. But now, i am having the worst experience there ever. My main doctor is fine, I like him, but I see more than one doctor at the office incase my doctor isnt on call when I go into labor. When I first went, I got an ultrasound and I was 13 weeks and it was adorable. I havent had the same Ultrasound tech since then. The ultrasound tech I have had, she is rude and rushes through it and makes it a horrible experience. The last unltrasound I had she rushed right through, didnt show me anything at all like she didnt slow down and point anything out to me. I asked her if I could have a 4d or 3d one of his face for the cake of my baby shower because I got on at 19 weeks and she showed me the back of his head not his face, and she said that since I was over 24 weeks that he was too big and they she couldnt do it. She gave me such attitude over everything and just made the whole experience absolutely horrible. I didnt even feel like I had just seen my son because she showed me nothing on the screen and she went so fast. I literally cried when I got home. And when the doctors and nurses come into the room with me they have a puss on their face and treat me with attitude and disgust that I am 18 and pregnant. I am really hating going there and regretting it.
So my questions is, since I am 30 weeks, is it too late for me to switch doctors/hospitals? I want to go to St. Marys. My fiance's sister went there for all 4 of her children and they focus too much on the patient and the rooms are amazing and the nurses and doctors are so nice and the rooms have like jacuzzi's and stuff. My friend is pregnant right now and her doctor is through St. Marys and her ultrasound pictures are AMAZING, Im so jealous. The only thing is that they come in and pray to you and your baby and all and Im not religious at all, but that doesnt even really bother me.
So does anyone know if it is too late for me to switch doctors/hospitals since Im 30 weeks? I am very unhappy with my doctor's and would love to switch. Would anyone advise me not to switch this far along in a pregnancy?
Pleassee someone help me out! Thank's fellow Mommas.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 3:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Only too late when the baby has been BORN.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think if you're unhappy with your doctor you should switch. ^-^ I don't really think there's a "point of no return" when it comes to switching your care--just make sure to get all of your records and information. Nothing is too unimportant.
    dream-catcher

Answer by dream-catcher at 4:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's up to you. I wouldn't though. You only have 10 weeks left and you never have to see them again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• But Albany Med is also "slice happy". The second they have the slightest excuse to, they will put you into a C-Section. Theyre labor unit isnt as good as St. Marys.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't think so if ya have a bad feeling & are so unhappy do it now.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Schedule an appointment at the other hospital. Youllbe going every 2 weeks soon- plenty if time to get used to new DES office. Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 4:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You should never be seen by a provider that you don't feel comfortable with. But seriously- your OB will hardly be there. How do you get on with the nurses? They are the ones you will be seeing the most of and will be there for your whole labor.

I would either make it a point to tell them that you don't appreciate their attitude or just leave and find somewhere else. I switched in the middle of my second trimester.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Change, dont pay (or have insurance pay) a doctors office you dont like. They only see you as a dollar sign, so change!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 4:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• And I had a c- section and its so low you dont even notice it. I am actually happy i had a c section instead of actual labor. But thats just me!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 4:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Honey, you can switch doctors as often as you like, until your baby is born. I found out when I was 8 months pregnant with my first child that the doctor I'd been seeing my WHOLE pregnancy didn't deliver. That was the last time I went to THAT office. I saw my "new" doctor two, maybe three times before my son was born, and he wasn't on call the day I went into labor.

If you want to go somewhere else, GO!!!! Do what feels right to you, and what feels most comfortable.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011