What type of fabric do I need to buy to make scrubs?

Mine are made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton, but I do not see any listings for that anywhere I go.

Does this type of fabric go by another name?

What is the best to use for this project?

Thanks.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 4:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I haven't sewn in forever. But, I would suggest asking the ladies at the fabric store for help. They should know the fabrics quite well & should be able to help you find a blend that will work for you. I prefer the blends, too. You can take them out of the dryer & wear them without ironing or looking like you slept in them. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Depending on the job you are doing in them cotton would be the most absorbent and dry the fasted. I always prefered my 100% cottons to my synthetic blends when I was wearing them every day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 100% cotton.

Answer by older at 4:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That's what I have always called them and asked for......blends. And then mention 65 poly.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 100% cotton :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't mind the blend myself. If I am looking for the blend what do I need to buy?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Lol, thanks special. I called the local fabric store (there is literally ONE in town) and they acted as if I was from planet Nekon asking where their leader was. :/
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011