Mirena

has anyone had the mirena put in and did you have a lot of bleeding afterward? How long did the bleeding last? I just had a baby and had just stopped bleeding about a week before i had it put in and every since then i have been bleeding heavily. I really wish it would stop. ( my husband is really ready for it to stop! LOL)

malleymom106

Asked by malleymom106 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• My youngest was already 4 years old when I had mine placed, but I spotted for the following 6 weeks. Not enough to need a pad - just pink every time I wiped. It was annoying but after that ended I've only had to buy tampons once. I've used a total of 2 since I had the mirena put in.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I bled for a month. Then soaked a pad every four hours with clear funny smelling discharge the next month. Battled bacterial vagininosis, got really sick one week and went in to have it removed. The doctor tried to talk me out of it until they saw that it was almost embedded in my uterus's wall. NOT a good experience!
    Rose4Lily

Answer by Rose4Lily at 1:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2011