Crazy old people

When my daughter was about seven months old we were in Wal-Mart. As we were walking down the aisle I would lean down close to her and squeal. Then she would copy me. Then we would both laugh hysterically. We kept doing this throughout the store. Then this little old lady tapped me on the shoulder and told me I should be ashamed of myself and should teach my little girl how to be a lady.

Recently we were at a park and my daughter now eight was burying herself in the stuff on the playground. This old lady was sitting there next to the playground complaining about how loud the kids were being and then pointed at my daughter and said loudly that her parents should stop her because she is just filthy. I figure that is what I take my kid to the park for.....to be loud and get dirty.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• haha -- Thats funny! Little old people just KILL me! One day my (then) 2-year-old DD and I were in the grocery store and she was EATING THE FREE COOKIE GIVEN BY THE BAKERY --- When this GRUMPY old lady walked by muttering something about it being inappropriate to eat in the grocery store! PFFFT!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Uh hello, that is what the park is for! For the kids to let loose and burn that energy!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would ignore her. Heck, I would whip out a camera and take pictures of my "filthy" girl.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Thats what kid's are SUPPOSED to do at the playground! Scream, have fun and get dirty. Screw the crazy old bitch!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If I am not in the mood to be around screaming children I do not go to the park, Chuck E Cheese, Incredible Pizza, Peter Piper Pizza, or any of those establishments. I guess some people are not as brilliant as me.
    Shaken1976

Comment by Shaken1976 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011