Being Induced

So I went to the doctor today and my labor just isn't progressing as it should be. My doc wanted to induce me but siad that doing it today would be to hard on me bc I'm not dialated so we're inducing next Tuesday if something hasn't happened. I'm excited but nervous,any advice on what I should to to prepare?

patientlyw8ing

Asked by patientlyw8ing at 2:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• hope you go into labor on your own do alot of walking and have sex. when ever they induce you for labor it makes labor more painful. or atleast it did for mean my sister in law was induced with her second one and she says the same thing made labor alot more painful and iv heard alot of other people say this. good luck and hope things go well.
    Anonymous

• I also got induced with my daughter..Im not sure there is really anything you can do to prepare, but it can be a very lengthy process. I went to the hospital to be induced around 7:30pm on a Wednesday..they actually started the process around maybe 9pm..I started contracting around 10pm and I didnt have her until Thursday at 10:16pm!! It was soo long and very painful. They had my pitocin going to help me contract..and at one point for quite sometime I was having contrations almost one right after another..when they actually wanted them around 2-3 min apart. All I can say is that an epidural saved the day for me lol I went all the way until about 2 hrs before I delivered without one..and then I was begging for one..it really helped..good luck with everything and just relax and try to enjoy the ride!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was induced and it was a peice of cake I was so surprised how wonderfully simple it was. I KNOW that not all induced moms had a great experience as I did, but it was all scheduled there was no omg my water broke gotta rush to the hospital we had our bag packed and we walked into a scheduled labor. It was very quick my son is healthy at age 5 and I didn't need any meds at all. GL to you.
    Anonymous

• Walking, having sex, and bouncing on a yoga ball: see you if you can get things started naturally! Otherwise, it depends on how your doc tries to get things started, whether it be stripping your membranes, Pitocin, or some other form. Keep in mind that even if things start on their own, they may have to use something to KEEP it going...I had to get Pitocin ten hours into my active labor because I wasn't progressing. Good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i was induced with my son and it sucked i was in labor for 22 1/2 hrs it made it even harder when he turned and his chin got stuck in my pelvic bone i hope you go into labor on ur own good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I got induced with my first two pregnancy's and soon after i started contractions i got an epidural so i was so relaxed that i just took a nap till i was ready to push. My first baby it only took me 19min to push her out and my second i only had to push twice and she was out. You'll be ok every women is diffrent don't let anyone scare you because it's not a scary process. Just relax till then try and get some sleep while you can and good luck:)
    Anonymous

• My lovely children don't like to come out I have been induced 3 times. No big deal for me I don't know any other way??? They would start the Pitocin then shortly after they would break my water and give me the epideral!!!! No pain for me thanks!!!! My 1st was 12 hours long, 2nd was 5 hours and 3rd was 7 hours. Everyone is different no matter what way your babies come out. Good Luck!!
    brandid

Answer by brandid at 3:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• get ready for a marathon labor possibility! and contractions that go from nothing to severe. i was induced and those were my only problems. 59 hours of labor and randomly not feeling a thing and all of a sudden feeling it all
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone! I hope things go as quick and sfae as possible! I wil update as soon as my little miracle gets here!
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 4:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was also induced. It took me a very long time. I was in labor for 72 hours (not the normal case so don't stress that). Some of the moms here have said it was quick and easy and some say long and painful. I would prepare for comfort as much as possible. BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW FROM HOME. I can't stress that enough. You will be sooo glad that you did. Bring anything else that will make you feel comfortable. A favorite pair of socks, slippers, I wore my flip flops the whole time! You're not going to want to walk around the hospital bare foot so something comfy for the feet. Also chap stick for dry lips and Gatorade if they'll let you have it. It provides calories for energy without filling up your belly because they probably won't let you eat.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008