Why is this a problem???? adult content

I'm not trying to bash anyone for what they do/don't do in their relationship or what "rules of conduct" they have for their husbands/boyfriends to follow....I am simply curious...

Why is porn an issue in your home? (if it is)

For me, it's just not that big of a deal...he's not cheating on me, he's not choosing porn over me, we still have sex on a regular basis, I watch it too.....to me it's a guy thing...I don't care if he watches it unless it starts to affect our sex life, his job...things like that...

I'm just curious as to why it's a no-no in your household....

AGAIN...I'm only curious...I'm not saying anything about how you run your house lol...please dont take this question the wrong way

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I can only speak for myself/my marriage/my husband

Porn is not an issue for me. I have no issue with porn. I have enjoyed more than my share in this lifetime..lol

I do not see porn in and of itself as the main problem/issue when I see most of the complaints about "porn", What I see is: partners not respecting one another's feelings about porn, partners breaking agreements that were made about porn, partners lying about and hiding their porn viewing/use, partners choosing to satisfy needs via porn instead of with/through their partners, partners choosing to view porn over having sex with their partners, partners choosing to put unreal sexual expectations on their partners using what fantasy and acting as their basis.. and things of that nature.Most of the complaints/problems/issues I see, stem from the partners more than the porn.Porn alone doesn't cause problems, how partners choose to view it, treat it etc. is the cause.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I dont have an issue with it... but then again my hubs isnt into it. guess if he was obsessed it would be an issue... but if he was obsessed with anything it would be an issue.
    Anonymous

• He wouldn't want me looking at another man, therefore he should not look at another woman. I don't feel its cheating but if I were to look at it he thinks its cheating... Therefore I tell him the same. I don't go along with double standards lol.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't know exactly how to answer your question. My DH and I have been together for 16 years and it's just not something that's ever been a part of our relationship. I think it would make both of us feel uncomfortable. It's not like we ever even really talked about it and came to a conclusion that it's "wrong" or anything, it just never came up as as something we'd consider adding to our lives, KWIM? It's just a non-issue.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Don't know, we've never had a problem with it. However, my dh is not obsessed with it either.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with everything you said. That's exactly how my relationship is with my SO.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When my husband started getting up in the middle of the night to watch porn and when he would tell me he wasn't watching it but I would catch him at it then I think there is a problem. If he didn't lie about it then it wouldn't be so bad. But he knew I didn't like it so he would lie about it. And getting out of bed with me to go watch porn is going way to far.
    Anonymous

• Mine doesn't watch it, at least not beyond dirty forwards he gets on text messages. I think that since he doesn't watch it now, I would be questioning why he started at this point if he decided to start watching it...if he had always watched it, I don't think it would be as big a problem to me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't care, I know my husband does like porn, I don't feel disrespected or unwanted by his porn viewing- I have and would watch with him. It doesn't cross my mind, if I come into the room while he is watching, I either watch some too or rolll my eyes and go on about my day.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011