Why do people think that the ideal family is having a boy and a girl?

I just found out that I am having my second girl and I keep getting comments on am I going to try for a 3rd time to get a boy and people actually said I wished you were having a boy. Why is society like this? Yes, i would like to have a boy but would I keep trying to get one, NO!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• No clue, I have 3 little sisters and I love it and my parents both say it's easier having all the same lol but now all of us have boys so my dad got his little men in the end anyhow!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think the ideal family is filled with love & works together to be a functional family regardless of the sex of the children.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have no idea. My perfect family is my healthy son, my amazing SO & myself. No other children for me could ever make my family "perfect" ya know ? I never felt that way. I always was willing to take whatever I got. lol
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I know...I got that a lot too when I told people that my 2nd was a girl. I was happy! I think it is because that way later on you can't say you wish you had a boy...or vice versa. So you can ''experience'' raising 2 of the opposite sex.
    Whatever!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Because it IS the "ideal" family. Not that it's perfect for everyone. It is just the "storybook" family.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Not really sure. I have a boy and a girl, and love them both dearly, but we're far from ideal. Whatever they say, congratulations on your second little girl!
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i have two girls and get the same thing,i love having girls there wonderful and wouldent mind if i had another one...but my husbands wants a boy..just to teach him sports a manly things i guess.
    amanda71205

Answer by amanda71205 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011