Do you believe that god gives you what gender you are suppose to have?

We have two girls and we would like a boy but my hubby said that "god, knows he would be too hard on a boy". it just got me to thinking.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, I don't think it works like that. I'm Catholic and I just don't think that God micromanages all that much.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes, I do! very much so! I was meant to only have 1 child and a boy at that. I'm not emotional enough to have a girl. My mom had my sister at 16 and had me at 18. She got pregnant with a boy & lost him when she was 20. My dad said he would be too hard on a boy as well. I'm not religious at all, but I do believe you had what you are meant to have.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I don't believe in god...so no.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Me personally.

No,I do not believe that.  Sperm dictates the gender of a child. So I believe we get whatever gender we get based on what chromosome the little spremie that could was carrying..

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• no, i think the sperm decides that, and only the sperm. and i am a religious person.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes, I do.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm an atheist and I know it all depends on what chromosome the lucky sperm is carrying.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No I don't. It depends on the sperm plain and simple.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm not a religious person, but I think sometimes it is "fate". I have wanted boys so bad from my first pregnancy, and we are currently on our third girl...now it makes me wonder how different things would have been if I had boys or if I would be able to handle boys as I have been able to handle my girls.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I believe God chooses the gender. If God created us and the act of sex then yes. I'm Christian though, so that's my opinion.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011