How did you tell your SO or family that you are pregnant?

Just kind of curious! I am not pregnant and looking for ideas. I went out to lunch with my dad today and he actually asked me, over 4 years later, why I didn't just tell him. What happened was, I was married (and still am) but I was only 19, and wasnt planning on having a baby. Because I had just got married and was a full time student for my first few drs appts I was still on my dad's ins. I paid my own copay and everything, but he looks at everything!! So when he got his insurance stuff in the mail he noticed that I had gone to the OB/GYN a few times, he isnt stupid and knows that you usually only go once a year... It was very random that he asked, and i guess I really didnt have a good answer. Just hadnt really told anyone, and didnt know how he would react. I felt really bad though. I didnt know that was something he thought about still.... So i guess this is a question of complete curiousity and how did you tell the people close do you? Especially if when you got pregnant you weren't trying and you weren't prepared.

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My husband and I found out together that I was pregnant. We then held a "conference" call with family here in the states and family in India to tell them all at once that I was pregnant. Nothing too thrilling or exciting, just "hey everyone, guess what".. Both families had been biting at the bit wondering when we were going to have a child..  We had been married 6 years when I got pregnant.. so some of them (the older members of our families) were starting to wonder if there was a problem..lol

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my mom told my step dad and i told my husband
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I called my mom and asked if she was sitting down. She said, "yes, did you wreck the car?" I said , "No, but I am pregnant." I was 24 at the time and scared out of my mind to tell her. She took care of the rest of the family and my entire family was happy that I was having a baby, even though I ditched the father because he cheated on me. My family helped me out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I had been married for 12 years and my mom was starting to think I wasn't going to have kids. I found out I was pregnant on January 2nd. I put the test in a plastic baggie and gave it to my mom on her birthday, January 5th. She cried and said it was the best birthday present she could have gotten.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Awwww hootie826, that is a good story.
    VBM7287

Comment by VBM7287 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• With DD#1, I took a pregnancy test at work, because the girls there hounded me into it. I was convinced I wasn't pregnant, but....I was! My boss sent me home from work because I couldn't stop crying, and DH was there. I was still crying when I walked through the front door. We hadn't discussed having kids, we just knew we would at some later date, so I was terrified to tell him. I couldn't get the words out when he asked me what was wrong, so I just held up the test. His reaction was not what I expected. He picked me up, spun me around, and shouted with joy. It was Memorial Day, so we went to a huge family cookout. I wanted to wait until I had absorbed the information myself, but he blurted out at soon as we arrived. I was pissed, but everyone was happy. I called my family to let them know, as they lived in another state.

With DD #2, I was having morning sickness, so we already knew.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I got pregnant the first time at 17 and my mom had moved away and left me for my senior year in our home state. I didnt tell her anything lol. I went to her wedding more then 6 months pregnant and she figured it out.

Answer by gemgem at 4:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011