Im a mother of 3 and i work full time and come home cook clean and take care of the kids my husband dont understand why im so stressed at times cause he gets home from work and does nothing no help wut so ever hes a great father but a not such a good helper wut advice do u have about this

jujusmommy123

Asked by jujusmommy123 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Go on strike. :) You are not alone here. I actually told my dh last night I was stressed he said him too "cuz the dog wants in and out and in and out and in and out....."
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes, STOP doing everything. Tell him that until he helps, there will be no clean clothes and no dinners made unless HE helps out. He will not help until you make him help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Whew, we just went through this! It's hard to tell him he sucks right now without actually saying it lol Me and my DH ride to work together so I just took my sweet ass time in the morning and made him late until he figured, "oh I better help her so we get there on time." I doubt that's your situation. Have you brought it to his attention?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Tell him how great of a father he is. Follow up by saying he needs to be a better partner husband. You need his help. You need the time to be a good mom and he needs to do some chores. Good luck in your approach.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Stop doing everything around the house. Make a list of things you want him to do around the house and hand it to him.

Answer by louise2 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sit down with him & explain why you are so stressed. To us women it seems obvious. However, this is a MAN we are talking about! Write it all down on paper so he can get a real visual on the situation. Let him know that if he helps you out with a few things, you would be a LOT less stressed & able to spend more quality time with him & the kids. Primarily HIM after the kdis go to bed. {{{wink wink}}}
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My dh is the same way. I work too, I do all the laundry, cleaning, make all the meals, take care of the kids everything. He pllays with them and they love him, but sometimes I just wish I could get a break. On his days off he expects to completely have a day off, but my days off from work i still have everything else. Ughh it is frustrating but just tell him you need help too. Sometimes I have to remind my DH that i need help but he does if I ask him to.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have a friend in this situation too. Just stopping didnt work for her. But it might for some. Talk to him though. have someone (if you can ) come over to watch kids or after the kids go to bed so you wont be inturrupted every ten seconds. just ssit and talk. tell him your stressed tell him you want some help. the only way its really going to be able to be fixed is if you guys talk it over. in my opinion
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• wow thanks for all the great advice im definitly gonna use some of it
    jujusmommy123

Comment by jujusmommy123 (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• But with men remember we have to ask/tell them 1000 times before it gets through :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 5:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011