When you cut back, what do you cut back on

to save money? I would have to say cable would be the first thing to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• Types of food I buy. Entertainment (dinners out, music clubs, etc). Vacations. Frivolous beauty things....hair stuff, makeup stuff, etc.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Just going out alot less (movies, dinners, etc.)and doing errands all at once if I can. I would keep everything else for sanity reasons. We also don't go on vacations so that saves thousands every year.
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Going out. We don't go to restaurants or get carry out. We don't go to movies.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Charity is the first thing to go. I dont give to toys for tots, the shelters etc since I have to think of my family first. Then we cut down on entertainment & unneeded trips. I cut back on buying other things we might not NEED like new clothes, new shoes, toys, video games etc. We just go down to the basics, rent, cable, lights, water and food.

Answer by gemgem at 3:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I cut back on everything we don't need. My husband is a chef so in my house that is usually expensive food and junk food. Basic cable is a neccessity in my house. I have four kids and with out basic cable they will fight constantly and everyone is in a bad mood! Cable is usually one of the last things we cut back on. The same is also true for internet. It is a neccessity to some extent. It is essential for my husband to be able to find a job! He is looking for a job nationally not just locally the newspaper doesn't fill that gap!
    Anonymous

• I live on a fixed income so don't have luxuries like cable. I haven't had tv in yrs. The computer is my only luxury. If I have to cut back it's 1)food, 2)medicine, 3)insurance and in that order.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• We cut back and we let our Blockbuster Monthly Movies go, Next is the gym membership. IF we have to do anything after that it would be the cable. Internet is the LAST thing I'll give up.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I cut back on eating out then junk food at the stores after that internet if you have instant connection go for a cheaper provider. Other than that cable go for basic cable nothing extra. Also try and save electricity keep an eye on the lights and other things like that.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008