Does anyone have depression after they have had a hystorectomy? I just don't know what to do and wondering why I am feeling like this.

amyschacht

Asked by amyschacht at 2:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• It can hit you afterwards- that it has closed a chapter in your life. This and the surgery itself can take your energy for a while. Give it a good six weeks to recover physically, and maybe another few months after that. If you still feel really tired and sad, then be sure to get checked, or sooner if you are concerned. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Could it be the procedure that's causing you to feel down? Are you on rest for recovery? And are you taking any meds that can cause sleepiness depression? I would say if you can get out and go for a walk the sun would be good for you. I hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous