Piggy banks

it really bothers me that my boyfriend lets his kids play with their piggy banks and the money inside them. when i was a kid only time i was allowed to touch my bank was to put change in it and thats it. are your kids banks toys or r they put up and not allowed to be touch except to put money in?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Thats a tough one. how old are they?
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• why does it bother you? are they taking money out and throwing it around, losing it? or are they using an empty bank as a toy?
    my almost-6yo loves to take his money out and count it. is that considered playing?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• That's how my kids learned how to count money was by playing with the banks and the money in them. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's being used as a learning tool at the same time. Aimless playing, however, I disagree with.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• they are 5 and 3 and their banks are actual banks and they throw fits even if they cant take them with them to places to they take the money play with the money (not counting it) they act like it is a toy it just bothers me because they shouldnt have to play with their banks when they have actual toys to play with
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011