Oh My Graciousness............really why did she have a child?????

I'm not EVEN going anon....if she sees it she sees it! I have 3 kids.....I work.....I clean....I cook...my sil just called and asked if I would be able to keep her 18 mo old so she can clean her house! "she takes out things faster than I can pick up" I suggested (as I was still at work) she give her her own little rag to "help"....she said yeah right! my mom is coming for dinner, dh is STILL at work and he needs to get home and cook! then she hung up on me!

Mind you this is NOT the first time. She often gets a sitter just to "get things done"

Do you all "clean and get dinner around your kids?"

brypmom

Asked by brypmom at 5:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't have the option of having someone pick her up so I can clean the house...I clean around her, I get dinner cooked, I do what I have to do....if Kelley starts bothering me I assign her a task to do to "help" me...clean her room, straighten the books, something I know she can do that will keep her from underneath my feet....I don't blame you mama....I wouldnt be picking her up either...this mama is going to need to learn to cope or she is going to have a mental breakdown before that baby hits 3 lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have no choice but to do everything and take my kiddos everywhere with me. I have 3 and pregnant!!! She can do it, she just seems like a whiny little brat.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If all else fails...there is a nifty little invention known as a PLAYPEN!!!! LOL She should utilize one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes, i do it all. i'm supermom, like that!

i don't understand it either. my SIL did that with her kids/mom. her two oldest would be at school, and she'd take her younger child to her moms/MIL so she could clean the house. wth? her mom couldn't help us out in emergencies, yet she'd sit with her daughter's kid just so my SIL could clean her house????
    stupid. both of them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have to. If I waited until my husband got home, we'd be eating at 8:00 at night and my son would be falling asleep in his mashed potatoes. The other night I let my son pull out all my pots & pans while I cooked. He thought he was cooking too! :)
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i do it all with two kids lol. the thought hiring a sitter makes me laugh
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• btw - dh is the same way ...."can you watch dd while I run to the hardware store......." hecks no TAKE her with you!
    brypmom

Comment by brypmom (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• In all fairness I never had a child that young, but I'm sure I could figure out a way to get it done if I had.
    Anonymous

• most the time I do but sometimes I just need a break. But then again I work till 3am. But sometimes some people just need a break, especially if she has the kids 24/7
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I know someone who does that 2. She has 2 kids and one of them is my sonds age (3 almost 4) she constantly calls to see if I can take her kids so she can clean or whatever. I have 3 kids and I do everything with them. Grocery shop, clean, everything!!! It drives me insane. And there are times that I really want to get cleaning done and not just pick up and would love to have someone take my kids, but they are my kids... so I keep them. My daughters LOVE to help actually. I give them a rag and tell them to clean something and I do what I have to do.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011