Just found out I have Meniere's disease. Anyone have any personal information?

Meniere's disease is a disorder of the inner ear which causes episodes of vertigo, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), a feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear, and fluctuating hearing loss.

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 5:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• My dad has it. My family also has a vertigo issue. We keep Meclizine at all times.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have had this for more or less ten years. I don't know your age but I can tell you yes it is aggravating and pops up at the worst times. Try the dietary info. they give you and stick with the things you can best manage. my heart goes out to you, I know how painful this is!
    carmel318

Answer by carmel318 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm sorry to hear this. My SM has it and has for years. Outside of getting on meds, I couldn't tell you anything to do; I've not known her to try anything outside of what the doctor gave her. Good luck!
    hnwhitlock2000

Answer by hnwhitlock2000 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Good luck with finding something that works for you.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am so sorry to hear that. I have a friend that has this and he has almost complete hearing loss. Every case is different though so I am wishing you the best of luck.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 6:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011