Working at wal-mart good or bad?

I need to find me a part time job, and the wal-mart by my home is looking for a part time cashier. Really close to the house so I could walk, but I have heard that working at wal-mart is horrible. On top of that alot of the employees that I have run into there have been so rude. Our wal-mart is far from customer friendly. But its nothing I couldnt handle. It's just part time. So is it really that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• In this economy, any job is a good job. Your attitude will be key to your success.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• money is money these days. do what you have to do
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Are you going to apply online or go there and apply? I tried applying online and I didn't get any response and the one by me is ALWAYS hiring, so I would recommend going on site and doing the application. GL to you
    Anonymous

• any job=good
    Anonymous

• It's a job. I worked at walmart when I was 17 (over 10 years ago) but I never had any issues at all. I loved it really. It all depends on your management and coworkers on whether you will like it or not.
    Anonymous

• I heard they have good benefits there. But yeah give it a shot, if you don't like it you can always give your 2 weeks notice. How great that its just walking distance, by my house the only thing thats walking distance is the damn college :/
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• yep...a job is a job these days. You work where you can find work. I would work at Wal-mart if I needed to but I won't let my teenagers work there (they've asked). The Wal-mart by my house is no place for kids. The employees seem to be so unhappy and it's like they're doing me a favor for letting me shop in they're store. I hope the one near you is better than the one by me.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My mom use to work for Wal-mart and loved it! I have heard both good and bad about working for Wal-mart. But that is true about most places. You can always quit if you hate it! Money is money! Go apply! What's the worst that can happen?
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Any job is a good job. NO matter where you work there will be some sort of issue to make you unhappy anyway right? if you can get a job then take it!

Answer by gemgem at 3:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It really sounds ideal- close by, part time. Give it a try, you don't have to stay for years if you hate it.

Answer by Bmat at 3:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008