Getting baby to sleep

I have broke all the "rules" As soon as my daughter was born she has slept in the bed with me. She wont sleep on her own in her crib. She will cry for as long as it takes for me to come get her (this will go on for HOURS) and she works herself up into such a frenzy she's sweating, shaking and hyperventalting. She is 7 months old now, the only way I can get her to sleep is by nursing her to sleep, in my bed. I'm more than ready to move her on into her own bed and claim my bed back. My husband and I have tried to give a bottle, she refuses. I have given up with the bottle and just working on a sippy cup. I'm frustrated, I can't get her on a normal schedule, in her own bed, with out me. Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation that can offer me some advice?

jenjen2683

Asked by jenjen2683 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to just let my son cry till he fell asleep. after making sure he wasnt hungry or had a dirty diaper. tipically i gave him a bath and then used that johnsons night time lotion. and that helped alot too relax him and tire him out
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• maybe she's just too young for that. have you tried using a crib or play pen in your room until she's a little older? if you are ok with her cio she will sleep but you might have to comfort her without picking her up. just lay her down and rub her head and sing to her. tell her it's bed time and she needs to sleep now.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Im having the same problem now. My son is 6 months and can only nurse to sleep. He sleeps in bed with me as well. I have no intentions on letting him "cry it out" either. Its to upsetting. My plan is to first wean him off of nursing. Once that is taken care of Im going to try to get him in his crib. I will probably start by rocking him or strolling him to sleep then getting him in the crib. It will be hard work, but dont try to get her off everything at once. Its to much stress for babies, she just wants to be with you, no one else. good luck!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011