Help with cradle cap.

My 3 month old still has cradle cap or whatever they call it. What can I do about it? My sister told me to rub his head in a circular motion when giving him a bath, but it really hasnt done much. Any suggestions?

Rileysmommy22

Asked by Rileysmommy22 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use baby oil. Just rub it in and then you can comb the loose bits out of his hair.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Before a bath, massage olive oil onto his head. then use a damp wash cloth to rub it in. Wash it away with a gentle shampoo.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• after i gave my baby a bath i would put baby oil on his head...
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Rub baby oil into the cradle cap & then comb it out with a very fine toothed comb. They have double-sided fine toothed combs in just about every health & beuty section I've ever been in. My twins had it really bad * that is what the Dr. had me do. It worked great!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I used vaseline and brushed it out - it was gone in 3 days
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My son had horrible cradle cap. My MIL taught me this and it worked so well. Wet your babies hair then put a table spoon of baking soda on his head. Rub it around, you dont have to scrub just pat it around. Keep putting water on it everytime you see it getting dry. After about 45 min wash his head with shampoo. It works really well. My doctor also told me if okay to use Selsan Blue shampoo!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• comb it out gently
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 7:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I used selsum blue, got rid of it the first time.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My sons Dr told me this I swear he told me to use a pea size of Dandruff shampoo and rub around with a soft brissel toothbrush and it worked because he had it really really bad ask your dr but that is what mine told me
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2011