Do you feel you have to be married?

Do you feel you have to be married or does living with eachother do it for you? Do you need that signed document or was the wedding important to you?

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• before I got married (when i was 20) i felt like I HAD to be married. Now, I could honestly care less
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Wedding. IMO if you love each other a piece of paper shouldn't change the relationship. But it does make it legal to make decisions for the other if something were to ever happen. Hopefully your not faced with that decision, but as an unwed couple you really have no rights in a hospital or for taxes.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I feel you have to be married. If you're not married, its too easy to say "I give up" and leave. When you're married, you at least have to try to salvage the relationship.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 5:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes I do feel I have to be married but so does my husband so there was no problem. I kind of feel like why not get married if you are going to have kids share bills and live together. Kwim?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Right now living together and being commited is enough for us. I feel that marriage is a sacred bond between two people and shouldn't be rushed into. It's been 7 years and we are not in a rush but when and if the day comes that we wish to make that special bond then yes it will be important to us. I know things happen, but I don't wish to be married more than once unless "death does us part". So we're taking our time and enjoying the ride.
    Anonymous

• Luckily I live in Mexico and I don't have to woryy about those American Taxes as my Hubby is not American : )
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I dated my husband for 6 years before we were married. I was in absolutely no rush. I could've lived with him forever without a piece of paper or a ring. It was important to him, though.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• for me i dont have to have a peice of paper. if we love eachother. we will make it work. it will work or it wont weather you are married or not. IMO
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• please dont judge me! I have been married 4 times. My kids are from the first one...and then the following 2 were a mess. I remarried a man i met and dated 13 yrs ago. It was love at first site! and then 13 yrs later it was love at first site! i have been happy even though its been trying, to say the least! But I am pretty positive if anything happened, I would never ever do it again!
    christinawillis

Answer by christinawillis at 5:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• @ christinawillis....why would I judge you sweetie...you do what you have to do to find happpiness even if you go for hubby number 5.
    no judgment here just huggs!
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011