What is the likelihood that I conceived in these circumstances?

I had sex with my husband with no condom on the night of November 30. He didn't pull out, and we laid down and went right to sleep so none of it 'came out'. I thought I would ovulate closer to the 6th, but I took a ovulation predictor kit yesterday (the 1st) that was a negative, and I took one today (Dec 2) that is a positive. Both at the same time of day, 1 pm. What are the odds that I am ovulating TODAY? I should ovulate tomorrow, right? How long can sperm REALLY live inside of you? We had sex 1 day, and 2-3 days later I should ovulate. What are the odds here, what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Sperm CAN live up to five days...but that doesn't mean they do! Get in that bed!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sperm can live upp to 5 days
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's best to have sex a few days before you ovulate so chances are pretty good. But still, no way to guarantee.
    Anonymous

• I ovulated a few days after dh and I had unprotected sex and 40 weeks later we had a little girl.
    Anonymous

• Only time will really tell. You will not know for sure until you miss your period and can test then! And actually you can test in about 2 weeks even if that's before your period will come, b/c that's when the hormone will probably start to show on a test... it'll be one of those really faint positives though, unless you wait until you miss your period. If you are like me than you won't be able to wait!!!! I think those sound like pretty good odds, though! And no garauntee obviously, but if you had to pick a day I think that woulda been it!!!! lol! BABY DUST!
    Anonymous