Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Step parent fury....VENT

My husband has to pay child support for his two boys and his ex is getting away with so much crap!! We are hurting so bad for money, while she is out blowing our money on her and her boyfriend. She lives rent free with family, gets food stamps, and 500 a month child support, and only works 2 days a week. His boys dont even have what they need and are neglected. The house is disgusting, they barely get fed and when they do.its fast food tv dinners or ramen noodles. They hardly even get bathed. I have 2 kids from a previous relationship and cant fathome how you can just not care like that about your kids! I could really just hang her and it gets hard to sit back and put up with her and what she gets away with.

Answer Question

Asked by Dream9703 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 4 (38 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Report her?? If it's that bad someone will do something about it. As far as where she spends the money.. you don't really have any say in that. =/

    Answer by bdflykisses at 6:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • Start a journal documenting unkempt bodies, hair and clothes. Anything they say about boyfriends or Mommy. If the house is unsafe or unhealthy call CPS..but make sure you have a case. Calling on the DH's EX will look bad for you if they find nothing. You can be accused of filing a falsified report. Start a paper trail. If enough evidence builds up take her back to court for full custody. Take pictures as needed.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • We have called. They live in ft worthhwith her and they were overloaded so it got swept under the rug. We have pics, txt, emails, and just called the police friday when we went to pick them up for our weekend, because when we got there her, her boyfriend and several friends were all drunk outside partying and the boys were in the house alone and hadnt ate since lunch at school...and this was 10:30 at night. Nothing was done about it.

    Comment by Dream9703 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • I'd say report her, have a child services person just "pop" in on them... About the money, like Bdfly said you can't really have any say so in that, but you can try to get it to where you and your hubby buy the things for the kids and then give it to them. That way you guys still "take care" of them but she's not able to blow your hubbys hard earned money.

    Answer by tltthompson at 6:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • if the children are neglected call child services, you don't have to tell them who you are.. or you could go to the court & ask for change in custody due to neglect in the moms house.. as for the child support sadly she can do what she wants with it. see if you can get a lawyer's help through legal aid.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 7:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • I'm sorry to hear authorities have been slow to respond. I wish it was an isolated case. Continue to gather every piece of documentation possible. Call the police as often as need. Make sure you get copies of reports. It doesn't sound like it will be long before you will have plenty to haul her butt back to court with.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • he should file for custody of his boys plain and simple. you have documentation on it, the police seen it for themselves. get an attorney and get those boys out of that situation. is the support court order?

    Answer by lucky35 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • So sorry for those boys :( Give them all the love you and your DH have, getting a change of custody is a long, expensive, stressful process, but worth every second. GL to you guys!

    Answer by yesmaam at 3:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

  • He should go for full custody.

    Answer by TARARENEE at 3:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.