Exercises for thighs?

I have always since I can remeber had the issue with my thighs rubbing together when I wear shorts or a skirt. Really need to get rid of this. I have already changed my eating habits but trying to slim them down and tone them up so I can get rid of this issue. Any suggestions?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Leg lifts, squats and walking
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 6:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Even when I was size 6/8 I had the same issue. I spoke to my doctor about it and some people have that issue more than others. My thighs still aren't "big" yet if I wear a dress or skirt, it's going to happen. There is this chaffing lotion that turns into a powder that is suppose to do wonders for this issue, but I have yet to try it.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 6:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Plie squats, regular squats, lunges, bridges with either a ring or a ball between your legs (squeeze hard and hold)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• There's no such thing as spot reduction. If you want your thighs to be smaller then you must lose weight everywhere. Even at healthy weights a lot of people's thighs still touch.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I totally agree with Ati_13. You can't spot-lose, and you can't expect then not to touch or rub. However, as you slim down, this may be less of a problem. Exercise in general and a proper diet will take you far in slimming your thighs. I've been running, and it's made a huge difference for me. I also eat clean, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. 58 lbs down so far!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with musicpisces, exercise in general. I run and since I started, my legs have become SUPER muscular and I just don't have that problem any more even though my legs don't look super slim, they're tighter and my shorts don't ride up like they did last year when I work them outside.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011