How many of you hate dealing with the Monster in Law?

I don't have that issue, my poor Hubbys mother passed when he was 5....

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• eh, i don't have that problem either. she lives 5hrs away!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Not me! We generally get along really well. My MIL is a very caring, laid back person. she pampers our little one (and our furbaby!) and doesn't butt into our business. Best of all she sympathizes with me when my husband is being a dick. LOL!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm afraid my mother in law has had nothing to do with us....doesn't even know our kids even though we live nearby. We've been married 22 years, I think it's sad.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• @ohwirite...I have a sil that does sord of the same except she keeps her kids from my mom : (
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My MIL is super sweet shes always helping! But I might not have a problem with her because she lives in another country! hehe
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• well i am one to say i am really lucky to say i never had that issue... but as of right now i have no monster in laws but you never know that can always make there way in... but i do having loving in laws... my bil is awesome we joke alot with eachother, both my sil's are way cool and i get along with them really well, and as for my fil and mil we are great too.. i can talk and mess with them about anything and visversa... when my mil needs to vent she knows i'm all open ears and we always do things together when we visit...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 6:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We live with his mom. I take care of her, my hubby and his older sis ... all in bad health and disabled. She drives me nuts at times but she's 73 so I overlook it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My mother in law is sooo nice she loves me and help me with everthing! I love my MIL
    reem114

Answer by reem114 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am sooooo lucky to have the mother in-law I have. She is such an amazing woman, mother and grandmother. We would be so lost without her love and support and I am sooooo glad that I get along with her as well as I do. I love my in-laws :)
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My MIL is 89 and lives in a nursing home. She and my DH's 1st wife didn't get along very well, but I have no problems with her. Plus, I gave birth to her only grandchild so she loves me!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011